by Charles G. Prescott

Have you ever actualy tried to read the ingredients label on the food put on your dinner table? I have and still don't understand it. You might say.."Well nobody does." But I had 6 classes (2 standard and 4 advanced) in Chemistry in college and although I have a decent understanding of the "chemical composition" of the additives, I
have no clue what purpose they serve. Ah... but there is a very easy way to find out. Just add the "What Addivives?" app and you too can "audit" the additives. Some are extremely common and harmless, others are just scary. I won't give examples of additives, but let's just say that hot dogs are the least of your worries when compared to some sweets. Give it a shot and comment on what was the worst thing you found in the cubbard. Ignorance is bliss, but poisoning oneself on additives is crazy.
Have you ever actualy tried to read the ingredients label on the food put on your dinner table? I have and still don't understand it. You might say.."Well nobody does." But I had 6 classes (2 standard and 4 advanced) in Chemistry in college and although I have a decent understanding of the "chemical composition" of the additives, I
have no clue what purpose they serve. Ah... but there is a very easy way to find out. Just add the "What Addivives?" app and you too can "audit" the additives. Some are extremely common and harmless, others are just scary. I won't give examples of additives, but let's just say that hot dogs are the least of your worries when compared to some sweets. Give it a shot and comment on what was the worst thing you found in the cubbard. Ignorance is bliss, but poisoning oneself on additives is crazy.Just for the record.. the classes were General Chemistry I, General Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry I, Inorganic Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Chemical Thermodynmics (aka Physical Chemistry).
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment